School Health Advisory Council
Blanco ISD has a School Health Advisory Council to assist the District in ensuring that local community values are reflected in the District’s health education instruction.
The council’s duties include recommending:
See Board Policy BDF Legal.
- The number of hours of instruction to be provided in health education;
- Curriculum appropriate for specific grade levels designed to prevent obesity, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes through coordination of health education, physical education and physical activity, nutrition services, parental involvement, and instruction to prevent the use of tobacco;
- Appropriate grade levels and methods of instruction for human sexuality instruction; and
- Strategies for integrating the curriculum components specified by item 2, above, with the following elements in a coordinated school health program:
- School health services;
- Counseling and guidance services;
- A safe and healthy school environment; and
- School employee wellness.