Dina Johnson, Director of Curriculum, Instruction & Special Programs
Phone: (830) 833-4437
Fax: (830) 833-2019
Blanco ISD offers a comprehensive educational curriculum with a broad selection of academic courses and electives and provides the following special programs to support student achievement and excellence:ESL
- The goal of English as a Second Language shall be to provide support and services to students of limited English proficiency so that they can become competent in the comprehension, speaking, reading, and composition of the English language through the integrated use of second language methods. The English as a Second Language program shall emphasize the mastery of English language skills, as well as mathematics, science, and social studies as integral parts of the academic program for all students.BISD ESL Handbook
- The goal of our dyslexia program is to identify and provide support and services to students exhibiting characteristics of dyslexia to such an extent that additional intervention is needed beyond conventional or intensified instruction within the regular classroom.Gifted and Talented
- Our Gifted and Talented Program identifies and provides services to students performing at or showing potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age, experience or environment and who exhibit high performance capability in general intellectual ability, specific subject matter, or creative/productive thinking.
BISD Gifted and Talented Handbook
At Risk Intervention Programs
- The purpose of the At-Risk Intervention Program is to provide needed instructional support to students at risk of not graduating to help them stay in school and graduate. Program services allow for parent involvement, early identification and intervention, and regular assessment of student progress.Migrant
- Our Migrant services provide needed instructional support to help migrant students overcome the challenges of mobility and to succeed in school.Optional Extended Year
- The intent of the Optional Extended Year Program is to reduce retention by providing interventions to students at risk of retention and to assure that they have the skills necessary for success in the next grade level.
Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs
Title I, Part C - Migrant
Title II, Part A - Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting